6.5.14

#OOTD and 24 week update
















Pattern Chiffon Kimono - H & M £9.99

Green Pleated Hi-Lo Dress - H & M  £12.99

It's been a little while since I've blogged and it's been down to painful ribs, internet being down and a rainy, rainy Scotland.  Today I am 6 months pregnant and what a milestone that feels like, 1. Because I never even thought I would get pregnant and 2. The day we found out seems like a lifetime ago but we are here and it feels incredible.  The love and support I have felt in the last couple of weeks has been amazing.  I think it's because there is no getting away from the reality that a new addition to the family will be here very soon and friends and family are just so excited.  There isn't much to report on pregnancy symptoms wise apart from going to the doctors to get a throbbing pain around my lower ribs looked at which turns out to just be the uterus pushing on my lower ribs and because I'm short it is really painful early on in pregnancy.  So heat packs at night have really helped but with sitting at my desk at work for 8 hrs doesn't really help but I'm just trying to keep as stretched and mobile as I can to ease the pain.  I've been doing a lot of shopping for holiday clothes this week and purchased a couple of flattering maxi dresses and tankini from Mamas and Papas and H&M is so good for kimonos and oversized chiffon dresses so stocked up on these in different patterns and with the help of my little sister will be doing some blog posts in the sun with the purchases.

So with a day off and a break from the rain I decided to do a blog post today using the backdrop of my husband's scrap yard, why not? It's a bit different.  The multicoloured kimono and green pleated hi-lo dress are both from H&M and will be perfect for holiday, especially with gold sandals and chunky gold accessories.  I will be travelling to Spain in 3 weeks so coming up to 7 months pregnant and I am a bit anxious about travelling so far along in my pregnancy but with it being a short flight and staying at my parents house in Spain it should be a pretty relaxing and well squired break away. 

This week I have my midwife check up.  I would love to be having another scan, it just feels great and puts your mind ease having a scan but I feel him, and he's moving away (definitely on my ribs) so there is no need to keep having monthly scans.  

Ok off to rock side to side on the gym ball and think about what to have for dinner 

Julia x 

No comments:

Post a Comment