5.3.14

Well it happened! Here is the story...

So just before Christmas after seeing our fertility doctor we decided that we will start IVF treatment in February.  Our results did not show any problems with either of us but was told that these things are just unexplainable but we are compatible for IVF treatment and was left to consider the options.  I had been given a cycle of 12 hormone injections (lutropin) in July and it is hard to say if this balanced my hormones and helped with ovulation which then led to conception.  However because we were still unsuccessful we knew IVF was the only option.  I was so apprehensive about the thought of IVF as it does take it's toll on your body and still be left disappointed.  So we decided to have a good Christmas and go on holiday to Mexico in January which would be great way to relax before starting IVF treatment and lo and behold on Christmas Eve I did a test and it was a big fat positive.  

I was not prepared for the anxiety I would feel when I found out I was pregnant because I was so worried I would lose the baby but now that I am 14 weeks it is only in the last couple of days that I fully accepted I am having a baby and all is going really well.  

I love to hear everyone's stories or if you have any questions please get in touch 

Julia AWL 






No comments:

Post a Comment