6.3.14

14 weeks

What has been happening this week? We had our NHS dating scan on Monday although this was not my first scan.  When we were in Mexico the beginning of January I was constantly calling the midwife booking line and leaving my details so I knew when my midwife appointment would be for when I got back but no one was getting back to me so to put my mind at ease I made an online booking with Edinburgh Clinic for an early pregnancy scan.  I am so glad I did as it was a huge relief to see everything was going well and I was dated at 6 weeks pregnant.  By this point I still had no luck getting through to anyone via the booking line number so I had no idea when I will be having my first ultrasound.  By the time I eventually got an appointment it would make me 13 weeks so missy paranoia booked another early pregnancy scan via Baby Bond Stirling.  For the cost of £40 it was a small price to pay to keep me relaxed and again it was an amazing sight to see the small heart flickering and see how in the space of just 3 weeks how much the fetus grows.  So a week after this scan I was meeting my midwife for registering, blood test and  health history checks.  She was absolutely lovely and put my mind at ease.  My advice for the first 12 weeks, Do not check the forums ever hour of the day! I was a culprit of this and it worked me up into a frenzy. Every pregnancy is different and it's the close people around you who are there for you with the highs and the lows! So the scan on Monday was great, it is crazy how much it grows and how much the baby moves around in there.  My husband was completely blown away with what it looks like and the movement it makes.  Our scan picture is a bit creepy as the baby was lying face down and looking straight out at us.  I have attached the image and trust me, it's not a, 'awww, how lovely, that's your little baby!' But more of an image which wouldn't look out of place featuring in 'Species' or 'Alien'

My baby is the size of a... Lemon, it measured 9 cm, so still a long way off a watermelon but this week my bump is noticeable and it does just happen over night.  I noticed it at 12 weeks and I'm not slim but what you notice is the top half of your stomach, just under your chest becomes rounded as well as just above the top of your pubic hairline.  

Gender...Unknown but we have booked the gender scan 8th April but I having a gender reveal party so can't reveal on my blog until the baby shower

Weight...I have put on 6lbs making me 10st 2, which is frustrating because I lost 9lbs just before Christmas but it's worth it and I feel great.  My boobs have gone up a cup size already and now a 34DD.  

Symptoms...this week I have been bad with a couple of migraines but just laid down with a cold face cloth on my forehead and it eased off.  Fatigue is easing and I can concentrate more on work and things around the house.  Okay, a bit TMI but diarreha, I didn't have any MS so I think this is my form of nausea.  The last couple of days it's eased off so I hope that's it passing. 

What I've been wearing? This week with the bump popping out I have been more in my black skinny maternity jeans from Mothercare and loose grey boyfriend T-shirts which I have stocked up on from Primark.  It's good to have a staple jacket as you can feel un stylish with the bump and bloat at this stage so I got myself a leather sleeve over the bum black jacket which makes me a bit fashionable and have a statement bag.  When the bump becomes a bit more bump-like and I don't mind showing it off then I will be back in my dresses.  



No comments:

Post a Comment