7.3.14

Baby Room Beginnings












      
Art prints www.art.com

Frames www.ikea.com

Armchair www.lauraashley.com

Nursery Furnishings, Jamboree range www.mamasandpapas.com

I would like to start this post by saying I have only bought a few things - but this is a big fat LIE! After reading loads of forum posts on keeping your pregnancy a secret until 12 weeks, and not to get yourself too excited in case the worse is to happen, I did try my best to stay positive and not shop.  However this is so difficult.  Although it is only in the last month I have begun to get pieces organised like nursery furniture, the pram and start the clothes haul I did make a few trips to H & M baby and pick up things.  Anyways I will feature the clothes in a future post, especially to share how hard is is to find newborn pieces if you are not finding out what you are having.  

I have ordered my furniture which is by V.I.B and is in a gorgeous natural oak.  The room is really big which you would think is great but just means a lot of empty space and I know the nursery furniture is going to look really small, but I can't complain, more room to jump around and have fun in, or strut wall to wall to get the crying the newborn to sleep.  

I am going for a zoo theme and want to mix the palette of creams, browns and oranges and found a great range from Mamas & Papas called 'Jamboree' which combines zoo animals with my colour range, perfect.  I found the art prints from Art.com and I like the vintage zoo poster style although I know the stork print does not go with the zoo theme but it is too cute to not have! These prints are great because I am wanting to keep a balance of a baby and adult room and these prints can work in any room.  Instead of having a rocking nursing chair I wanted an armchair which can be place in a living room in the future but it did have to be comfortable with head rests and this tartan armchair from Laura Ashley ticks all the boxes and creates a great corner of the room for mum and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment