19.3.14

Fetal Doppler Heart Monitor - 16 weeks





Hi-baby Rentals -  BT200 monitor 

I purchased a fetal heart monitor when I was 12 weeks as I came across YouTube videos with success of hearing the heart beat as early on as 9 weeks.  I firstly bought a fetal heart monitor with digital screen display which had a flat round handset but I found this machine really difficult to manoeuvre around my stomach and lower abdomen and never found any sound of heart beat although a reading would come up on the screen display (I have attached image of this model above)
So I looked into which type of doppler people were finding easy to use and came across the rental site 'Hi-baby' for fetal heart monitors.  I think this is a great way to purchase a monitor because you only use it for 3-4 months so it works out cheaper and you don't have it taking up valuable space that you need when the baby arrives.

It still takes a few minutes to find my baby.  First thing in the morning with a full bladder works the best and can find it straight away just at the top of my knicker line.  Even at 16 weeks I thought the baby would be more central with my belly button but it is surprising how low down they seem to be even when your bump seems to be getting way to big for the size of the baby.

So here is a quick video of me using my doppler and if you are planning on using one - be patient, don't push too deep and cause any discomfort and relax.


3 comments:

  1. I use a Pinard Horn during pregnancy (as a midwife). I like it better than either. I give mamas a choice in labor, explaining that the doppler is quick and easy and may be more conducive to her laboring needs, but that of course I cannot guarantee no risk to the doppler, so if she wants to use the Pinard Horn or a fetoscope then she has to commit to periods of her labor in which she can be still, quiet, and in a position that allows auscultation. Most choose the doppler. I also give them the option to not have heart tones taken during labor, explaining the potential risks and benefits. Full informed consent. I think women and families should have that option for every single procedure they may experience.
    Read More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But amidst this happiness, the most difficult situation is to be patient in the period that you found out that you are expecting and till the moment the little one is born.best fetal doppler

    ReplyDelete